Header Ads

Prashant Bhushan refuses to apologize unconditionally to SC, says if he apologizes then conscience and contempt of that institution

Prashant Bhushan (Senior advocate and social activist)



New Delhi: Senior advocate and social activist Prashant Bhushan has refused to apologize unconditionally to the Supreme Court in the contempt case. He says that his statements were goodwill, and if he would apologize, it would be contempt for his conscience and the institution in which he held the highest trust.




Let me tell you that on 20 August, the Supreme Court deferred hearing on the sentence in the Prashant Bhushan contempt case. The court asked him to reconsider his written statement and also gave him two days' time for it.

Kejriwal government to tell Delhi's manufacturing brand to the world through portal



With this, Prashant Bhushan refused to apologize unconditionally to the Supreme Court for his controversial tweet. He filed an answer in the contempt case. The Supreme Court has already reserved the judgment. The court had given Prashant Bhushan an opportunity to apologize unconditionally.

Ruckus in the Congress meeting on the letter issue, conflict between Rahul Gandhi and Ghulam Nabi Azad



Senior advocate Prashant Bhushan, in a reply filed in the Supreme Court, said, 'My tweets were in good faith, on which I want to continue. Conditional or unconditional apology for expression on these beliefs would be insincere. He said, 'I have given these statements in good faith with all the truth and details which have not been dealt with by the court. If I turn away from the statement before this court, I believe that if I offer a sincere apology, then I would be in contempt of my conscience and I respect the institution which I highly respect.'






Prashant Bhushan said, 'I have the highest respect for the institute. I did this not to discredit the SC or any particular CJI, but to offer constructive criticism which is my duty. My remarks are constructive and intended to prevent the SC from wandering from its long-term role as the protector of the Constitution and the protector of the rights of the people. Prashant Bhushan was found guilty of contempt of court for his two tweets against the judiciary and the CJI.



Also Click on - Kushinagar Jagran

No comments