Header Ads

I will not apologize, ready to face punishment - Prashant Bhushan

I will not apologize, ready to face punishment - Prashant Bhushan
Prasant Bhushan




The hearing continues in the Supreme Court amid protests against the conviction of Prashant Bhushan across the country. During the hearing, Prashant Bhushan has said that he does not have the grief to be sentenced, the sad fact is that he was completely misunderstood. I accepted my civil responsibility for every sentence. 




I will deny constitutional rights if I apologize. The moments of examination come in history. On the other hand, retired Justice Joseph Kurian of the Supreme Court has said that the Constitution Bench should hear the case.




The entire nation is eyeing the punishment of Prashant Bhushan. Since the Supreme Court has sent Justice Karnan to jail in a contempt case, it is feared that Prashant Bhushan will be given strict punishment. 


Meanwhile, Prashant Bhushan's lawyer Dushyant Dave sought to postpone the debate on the sentence during the trial. The court rejected his demand. In fact, Prashant Bhushan had filed an application in the Supreme Court on Wednesday stating that he intends to file a review petition and till the plea is considered, the date of debate on the sentence should be postponed. He also said that this bench should hear the review petition, it is not necessary.



During the hearing, Prashant Bhushan said- "I will not plead for mercy." I will not even appeal to generosity. I happily present myself for the punishment the court will give me. My tweets were an authentic attempt to fulfill my duty as a citizen. If I had not spoken at this turn of history, I would have failed to fulfill my duties. I am ready for whatever fine the court will pay. I will feel extremely despised by asking for forgiveness. "





More than three thousand celebrities have issued a statement in support of Bhushan on this issue. Meanwhile, retired Supreme Court Justice Joseph Kurian has said that a bench of five or seven judges should be heard in this case.


He said that the matter should be heard in detail so that wide discussion and participation could take place. In this case, the person convicted should have the opportunity of another medium of appeal. He said that the Supreme Court should do justice in any case, even if the sky falls.


The Supreme Court gave three days to apologize, Prashant said - what a waste of time!


Amid the protests against the conviction of Prashant Bhushan across the country, the Supreme Court today gave him three days to reconsider his statement. At the same time, Prashant Bhushan has given a waste of time to give three days' time.


Prashant Bhushan told the court that giving me time would be a waste of court time as it is difficult for me to change my statement. Earlier, Prashant Bhushan made an important statement refusing to apologize. 

They said, "I am deeply saddened by the court's decision to convict. I am sad that I have been completely misunderstood. I am very surprised that the court reached its conclusion without giving any proof of my intention. I believe that open criticism is necessary within any democracy to protect the constitutional system. The task of protecting the constitutional system should be both at the personal and professional levels. My tweets are a small effort in the direction that I consider my greatest duty. "




Quoting Gandhi, Prashant Bhushan said, "I will not ask for mercy." I will not even appeal to generosity. I happily present myself for the punishment that the court will give me. " He said that "my tweets were an authentic attempt to fulfill my duty as a citizen. If I had not spoken at this turn of history, I would have failed to fulfill my duties. I am ready for whatever fine the court will pay. I will feel extremely despised by asking for forgiveness. "



During the hearing today, Attorney General KK Venugopal appealed to the court not to punish Prashant Bhushan. Justice Arun Mishra, who was heading the bench, said that you should not give such an argument without looking at Prashant Bhushan's answer. Justice Arun Mishra said that aggression appears in response to Prashant Bhushan, not a defense. We cannot forgive them. This will send the wrong message. We do not want to give that.



Attorney General KK Venugopal said that he has a list of five Supreme Court judges who said that democracy is in danger, which Bhushan said. The Attorney General said that he has a list of 9 judges who said that there is corruption in the higher levels of the judiciary.



Earlier, the court asked Prashant Bhushan whether he wanted to reconsider his statement? In response, Prashant Bhushan said that "I do not want to reconsider it." He has given a waste of time to be given three days' time. That is, Prashant is ready to face every sentence on this issue, but the statement will not change.




During the morning hearing of the case, Prashant Bhushan's lawyer Dushyant Dave sought to postpone the debate on the sentence. His plea was that he has to file a review petition on the matter, for which there is a provision of thirty days. He also said that this bench should hear the review petition, it is not necessary.



No comments